This is one of the most important items which you must have if you are planning a trip abroad. Travelling abroad generally has a lot of risks and in many occasions the costs associated with such risks can be prohibitive. Travel insurance covers the travellers against most of these risks associated with the travel. An illustration of the coverage are :
- Costs associated with Medical treatment and medical emergency evacuation;
- Cancellation of trips, including delays caused in the trip;
- Missed flights;
- Loss & delayed baggage arrival;
- Accident and injuries;
- Loss of travel documents such as passport; and
- Emergency cash services in an event of theft or burglary upto the limit specified in the policy.